Mail Address: Departamento de Ingeniería Mecánica, Universidad de Chile, Torre Poniente, Piso 4, Beauchef 851, Santiago Centro, Santiago, Chile
Office phone number: (56)-2-29784543
My main areas of research are Nonlinear Elasticity, Rock Mechanics and Magneto-Electro-Elasticity.
Publications and Presentations Click here
· Fondecyt number 1160030
o ‘On the use of implicit constitutive relations to model the behaviour of elastic and inelastic deformations in continua: Applications to the mathematical modelling of rock’.
o Dates: April 2016 to the present.
· Fondecyt number 1120011
o ‘Study of some new constitutive laws for elastic bodies’
o Dates: March 2012 to March 2016
· Fondecyt number 11085024
o ‘Mathematical modelling of non-linear magneto-sensitive elastomers’.
o Dates: November 2008 to October 2011
· Mecánica de Solidos (Solid Mechanics ME3204), formerly known as Resistencia de Materiales ME46-A, ME3202 (Strength of Materials)
· Mecánica de Medios Continuos ME701 (Continuum Mechanics)
· Tópicos Avanzados en Elasticidad ME720 (Advanced Topics in Elasticity)
· Elementos Finitos ME 564 (Finite Element Method)
· Electro-elasticidad no-lineal: teoría y desafíos en modelación numérica (Nonlinear electroelasticity: Theory and challenges to numerical modelling). Universidad Politécnica de Madrid 14-28 Mayo 2011.
· Formulaciones variacionales en mecánica de sólidos (Variational formulations in solid mechanics). Universidad Politécnica de Madrid 17-25 Mayo 2012.
· Member of the scientific committee of the journal Ingenius http://revistas.ups.edu.ec/index.php/ingenius/index
· I was co-organizer of the Minisymposium on Nonlinear Elasticity for the Euromech 2015 Congress
· I was one of the co-editors for a Special Volume for the IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics in honour of Ray Ogden.
· I was the main organizer and chair for the XIV Pan American Congress of Applied Mechanics PACAMXIV, which was held from the 24th to the 28th of March of 2014.
I was the editor of a special volume for Acta Mechanica, where some of the works presented in the conference will be published.
· I was co-organizer of the Minisymposium on Nonlinear Elasticity for the Euromech 2012 Congress
· I have been peer to peer reviewer for some articles submitted to the following journals:
§ Journal of Elasticity
§ International Journal of Solids and Structures
§ Journal of Electrostatics
§ Acta Mechanica
§ Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids
§ Proceedings of the Royal Society A
§ International Journal of Damage Mechanics
§ Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering
§ Mechanics Research Communications
§ International Journal of Engineering Sciences
§ International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics
§ International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics
§ The European Physical Journal E: Soft Matter and Biological Physics
§ Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences
§ Rubber Chemistry and Technology
§ The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics
§ Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids
§ Journal of Applied Physics
§ International Journal of Engineering Technologies, IJET
§ International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
§ BioMedical Engineering OnLine
§ Mathematical Reviews
§ Mathematical Problems in Engineering
§ The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
· Member of the European Mechanics Society
· Member of the Society for Natural Philosophy http://www.ms.uky.edu/~snp/