Second International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems
Travel fellowships for full time undergraduate and graduate students are available to help cover conference travel and living costs. To receive a grant recipients have to fulfill following requirements:
1. The recipient must be a student author (or co-author) of an accepted paper, attend the conference and present the paper. Only one author per paper will be awarded a grant.
2. Must have contributed to at least 50% of the research presented.
3. Be a student (or have been at the time of paper submission deadline) and carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study.
Candidates have to apply for travel fellowship by submitting meaningful documents comprising:
1. Applicants CV including name; mailing address; email address; current student status; faculty or PhD research advisor's name, address, and email address; relevant courses and other educational data; and (if available) a list of research articles.
2. A letter from the listed faculty or PhD advisor on official institutional stationery should accompany the application and summarize how the candidate may benefit from the conference.
3. Copy of a certificate that proofs the registration as undergraduate or graduate student.
The application deadline for fellowship support is September 30, 2002 (date of receipt). The original, signed documents have to be provided. Please send your complete documents by ordinary mail to the address stated below.
Applicants will be notified by email by October 31, 2002.
Fellowship checks amounting 500US$ will be distributed during the HIS'02 conference in Santiago de Chile. The recipient must show the original certificate proofing the registration as undergraduate or graduate student.
Please send questions directly to the travel grants chair:
Abteilung Sicherheits- und Prüftechnik
10587 Berlin, Germany